I don’t expect you to believe everything I say without some backup. Here is a list of some of the information that helped me change my view of nutrition and the food industry. Not all of this is entirely Paleo, but all roads lead to the same destination (*yay* natural fat/meat/veggies/whole food, *boo* carbs/sugar/corn/processed).
Fat Head - In addition to chronicling writer Tom Naughton’s weight drop while on a diet of burgers and fries, the film provides interviews with doctors, nutritionists and others to drive home his thesis that most of what we know about “healthy eating” is wrong. Watch it FREE on Hulu, right now! He also frequently blogs here about current issues in nutrition.
If you want straight facts, check out his speech on the Big Fat Fiasco. Broken out into 5 parts here -
- Part 1 – http://www.youtube.com/user/FatHeadMovie#p/u/6/exi7O1li_wA
- Part 2 – http://www.youtube.com/user/FatHeadMovie#p/u/5/cmwNpUJUjPg
- Part 3 – http://www.youtube.com/user/FatHeadMovie#p/u/3/TuxDuLKz39c
- Part 4 – http://www.youtube.com/user/FatHeadMovie#p/u/2/Z9mQ-QZkZpk
- Part 5 – http://www.youtube.com/user/FatHeadMovie#p/u/4/cEayi6IBjZw
Check out Mark’s Daily Apple. There is a TON of information on this site. Read Primal Blueprint 101 to get started. Be careful though! You might get sucked in to his site for days! Here’s another article on Why Grains are Unhealthy.
If you prefer listening to reading, subscribe to Robb Wolf’s podcast – The Paleo Solution
Here’s Paleo in a Nutshell! A perfect video to show others when they start questioning your crazy new eating habits.